The Christmas season is a stretch of the year that gets families all together with social gatherings, beautiful gifts, and twinkling lights. For many, seasonal decorations basically are not fulfilled it’s lacking a charming Christmas tree, complete with lights and ornaments. Towson rental property owners know that their tenants are no different and that a Christmas tree could be a pivotal factor in their holiday celebrations.
Despite the fact that decorations are not usually a trouble, Christmas trees are exceptionally caused by their extremely flammable nature. When associated with electrical sparks or overheating cords, a dry Christmas tree can turn into a roaring house fire in less than a minute. As claimed by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), home fires started by Christmas trees average 200 per year. Every year, these fires cause an average of $14.8 million in property damage, 16 injuries, and 6 deaths.
By way of the property owner, it is essential to disclose basic fire safety tips to your renters before the holiday season takes place. Although prohibiting Christmas trees collectively is in all likelihood, not a preference, there are a few comparatively straightforward kinds of stuff your tenants can do to look after themselves and your rental household from the risk of fire.
The American Christmas Tree Association (ACTA) gives certain safety precautions that can fundamentally decrease the exposure of your tree catching fire. These precautions include:
- Obtain a fresh (real) tree or an artificial tree. Fresh trees are more protected because of their inherent fire resistance. Artificial trees are also much safer than real trees are because of the fact that they won’t shrivel up over time.
- Water your fresh tree consistently. Fresh trees must be watered constantly and abolished promptly after the holiday or the minute the needles begin to drop.
- Set your tree distant from heat sources and open flames, like fireplaces, candles and heat vents.
- Take advantage of safety-tested lights and throw out any damaged light sets.
- Turn off the Christmas tree lights before sleeping or leaving the home. Leaving the lights on all night or while away increases your risk of fire.
- Keep a fresh fire extinguisher close in the incident that sparks or flames do appear.
Disseminating these Christmas tree safety tips with your tenants in Towson can defend your rental households and relief everybody adores a safe and peaceful holiday. With Real Property Management Essentials by your side, we can establish that these safety precautions are imparted with your renters and that all holiday decorations meet basic safety guidelines. For more details about our full-service property management services, please contact us online or call us at 410-832-3138.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.